Sunday, June 21

9 months

Has the month come that he has now been out as long as he was cooked?! I just can't even believe it. I find myself just looking at him in amazement, daily. Not only because of his perfection (all moms think like this, right?) but also seeing his little brain figure things out.
He is the funnest sidekick and loves his mama (loves to say mama all the day long too) but will go to pretty much anyone. I love that about him, he loves me the most and Kasey the other most, of course, but is so good at sharing the love. He really doesn't have any stranger danger, but he does get shy sometimes and tucks his head into my shoulder. 
 He is learning and growing and developing the very funnest personality. He loves to laugh at me and you can often catch us giggling at each other. He loves his sleep and is officially down to 2 naps a day, both are usually two hours or more. A couple weeks ago he started balancing while standing and took one rocky step. Then the day before he turned 9 months, while we were at Grammy and Grandpa's, he was balancing and took 3 steps. He is still my baby, how is he about to be walking? Oh it is a hard and proud thing for a mother heart to take in.
I think he is going through yet another growth spurt because he is eating like a teenage boy. I still nurse him but I have added in a bottle feeding a day to keep up with him. He is still eating food 3x a day with more and more table food at each feeding. He would probably love if I cut out pureed foods and just did real human food but for some reason it scares me, like I wouldn't be able to give him all the nutrients and variety he is getting now. I would really have to step up my game as a mom and healthy person, and I don't know if I am ready for that task. Any suggestions you momma's  have, send them my way puhhhlease! He now eats way too many things to continue listing all the new foods he eats.

I know I say it every month but he is the light of our lives and he is totally my favorite child right now. :) He brings the perfect little spirit into our home and the greatest joy. I love that I get to wake up to him every morning and come up with new ways to figure out the world. I love this little human so much, Kasey says I love him too much sometimes.
 I wish I could freeze him like this forever to I could kiss and smell his stinky toes everyday. Smooch his cheeks constantly. Stare into those big, ever learning eyes. And have that little chubby hand to hold for the rest of forever. He is my guy. 

1 comment:

  1. Check out the book Baby Lead Weaning. It is a great way to transition to grown-up food. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete