Thursday, January 29

Sleepy Tales

I am finally starting to think that one day I will get a good nights rest and that Ezra will sleep through the night. The hope was sure dwindling for a bit. But as of 3 nights ago we cut out the middle of the night feeding, already feeling better rested just from that. He goes 12 hours without eating, finally.

Last night he went to bed at 7:30pm and I got him out of his crib at 7:26am. Major improvement. We did have to go in a couple times to replace the binky, but I would say this is quite the improvement. Kasey must have done 2 or 3 binky trips because I only did one. Seriously, I woke up singing. That never happens. Like, ever.

We are now down to swaddling one arm at night *and the houdini usually gets it out* and no swaddles at nap time. He still takes 3 naps a day.

[This sleep position with those leggies and feeties are too much for me to handle]

First one is usually 1 1/2 hours and starts anywhere from 830-9.
Second is between 12 and 1 and is usually 2-2 1/2 hours.
Third one is around 330 or 4 and is about 45mins -1 hour.
*I realize no one cares to hear about his sleeping, mostly just for my record.

Since I just put you to sleep by telling you how Ezra sleeps, I will tell you a funny story.
Lets make that 2 funny stories.

A couple nights ago I put Ezra to sleep on his back with both arms swaddled and head pointed north (not sure if it was really north but it will help with the story later, so just go with it). I woke up and couldn't see him in our video monitor, I assumed he rolled to the side of the crib. So clearly I went to check on him. What I found you almost had to see to believe. I was feeling around for his head, because no way would I risk any inkling of light that may wake him up. So, feeling for his head, to my disbelief, I find his feet. So I pat pat pat my way to his head that is now pointing south, (did the whole north and south thing help with the visual?) to find the back of his head. Not only was he turned 180*, but he was on his belly AND both arms were out. How did I not hear any of this going on? aaaand, how did he do that? He hasn't done it again...yet. I laughed so hard. I had to wake Kasey up to show him, not sure he was thrilled at first but in the end he laughed. When I woke him I said, "You have to see this to believe it" he probably still would have believed me, but how fun to see the actual proof. The next day we moved the monitor higher on the wall so we can see the whole crib, in case round 2 of the Ezzy Escapade's happens.
Second story isn't as funny or crazy but the other night Kasey went in to replace the binks (because I didn't want him to smell me and we were trying to get rid of that 3am feeding) and I watched on the video monitor. Like I said, we are anti lights in these times, just cant risk it. So he starts trying to put his binky in but, to his knowledge, Ezra wouldn't open his mouth. Well let me tell you why folks, he was trying to put the binks in between his chin and his chest. I was laughing sooo hard and it was 3am. Kasey walks back into the room and says he just wouldn't open his mouth. Still dying laughing I tell him why and we laughed our way back to sleep.

I know this sleep deprivation stuff is hard, but I am so glad I can still find "joy in the journey". You just have to or else you will go insane. I am also glad that I have a wonderful, funny, and helpful husband at my side to go through this whole thing with. With that said, please keep up the good sleeping habits Ez. xo

1 comment:

  1. I'm still just shocked that the binky in the neck didn't work? Always works for my kids.
    I can't wait for KDH to dress him in something---oh--interesting! Haha I love husbands dressing kids!
    Ps what half are you going to do? Are you going to be in Idaho at all this summer? We are doing the idaho falls half! JULY 25! Come!

    ReplyDelete