Monday, November 24

Dr. visit--2 months

So, I was actually nervous for this appointment because Ezra was getting his first round of immunization shots. I had heard that it can throw them off their schedule, they can get fevers, and it is just plain sad. The night before I was talking to Ez and saying how we wished dad could be there, for both of us. Kasey heard but didn't say anything.
My appointment was later in the day on Friday and about 2 hours before his appointment a burglar walks into my house. Jokes. It was Kasey-- he totally surprised me, almost to death, but I loved it. He said when I was talking to E the night before he just decided he would come home early so he could be there for our little bubbas (and me). What a cute dad. He said he almost ruined the surprise so many times but kept a secret (with himself) and totally made my day.
I am glad he was there because it was just the saddest thing to see Ezra cry. Kasey said, "Well, we know he can cry" because he never cries. He is such a great baby, but these shots have done something to him. He just seemed off and in pain the first 12 hours and then sunday and today he has been a little off.  Not wanting to eat and crying in his sleep, so sad. I just know he is having nightmares about shots.
Well here is my big guys stats:
13 pounds 7.5oz (75th percentile)
23 1/2 inches (60th percentile)
and the head.... his got a noggin' on him, 93rd percentile for that big brain.

The doctor actually said these words to us--
"Such a big boy for small parents".....ugh...thanks....?
Well, I mean it is true, where did the superman baby come from? I am just amazed by his cuteness and the fact that this tiny human can put an instant smile on my face every morning--I'm not a morning person, even though I've never had less sleep in my life. Seriously, got more (WAY more) sleep in college.

We love you Ezra Jay.

That brown thing under his head is a hoppy noggin that we got from Amazon. It has a little hole for his head to go in and is cushioned around the hole to help with flat spots. I started freakin out about his barely flat head, and this helped console my heart :)

Oh p.s. this is his talking face.

Those toes.


3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh he is precious! The first shots are SO sad. And unfortunately every time is sad. :( That is so sweet he surprised you to be there for it! Your little family is adorable. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need snapchat now! So you can send millions of photos and videos all day errr day

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a cute newborn!!!!! I love his size!

    ReplyDelete