Thursday, January 16

Fine, I will be the one to talk about Christmas halfway through January

Let't start at the very beginning, a very good place to start...of Christmas break, 
which feels like forever ago.

It all started on December 16th, the day Kasey started his 3 week break from school
We packed up and headed to Yakima to see his family. 

A couple days after we got there, Kasey's younger brother and his wife got there.
Then we all packed up to go see the older brother and his family in Portland.

We went to the Zoo lights, had doughnuts, fake Christmas, played games, ate yummy food, went to a mall with a LARGE tree, met up with some great friends, and then made a pit stop to
 Ikea on the way out.
Oh and the Mr. grew a beard for a while.

We had a blast, thanks Kurt and Elise for letting all of us crash your house! 

Showing off his hula hoopin' skills to me. 



Then Kasey's younger brother and "new" wife went on a honeymoon -- the same place Kasey and I went almost 4 years ago -- I wasn't jealous at all. Nope not one bit, with my parka on everywhere I went while they laid by the beach sippin' virgin Miami Vices. Not. Jealous. One. Bit.
I'm sure you caught my sarcasm. 

While they were away in heaven-land we went to Seattle, the place we will move to in t-minus 7.5 months (if my calculations are correct).
 

We stopped in to see my Aunt and Uncle and fell in LOVE with the area they live in! 
(Aunt Sharsti, if you are reading this, tell the motorcycle bachelor man that I will bake him bread every week if we can live in his guest house.)

 

Then we went to the Ballard Locks and watched a couple different boats go from Puget Sound into Lake Union, really neat, yet really cold experience. 
Hence the parka WITH the hood on.

But there were some warm(ish) days and those days we went for a cruise.

It was a wonderful relaxing vacation, and I even made a quilt, that's not always "relaxing" plus we refinished a table (I will blog about both of those tomorrow).

Now for some Christmas jammy and gift pictures:
 

He knows me so well. This game has gotten a fair amount of use already.


Thanks mom and dad Hendricks for a great two and a half weeks and all the trips and gifts and how can we forget the food! We were fed like royalty and then got back to all the New Year's resolution crap. Hope you have had a wonderful start to your new year.
Now I am done talking about Christmas.

. . . . . . . . . . . 

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment