Friday, September 27

sleepless nights and such

Have you ever been so excited about something that you can't sleep at night?
Also, have you ever been so excited that all you do is dream about that something all night?
This week, I experienced both. It was awesome, naturally. Only is it the worst when you can't sleep out of nerves, for a test or work, or fear of not hearing your alarm - - for said test or work. 

My excitement has been of my new sewing machine!! While at BYU-Idaho I discovered a passion of mine, that being to sew. Not only sewing but everything that goes along with it such as picking fabric at the store, to pressing (ironing), to making up quilt designs, to...okay I will admit, cutting is not my favorite. But only because it takes so much brain power. I am lucky to have my amazing Kasey who helps me with the math of it all [and sometimes the cutting and designs, who am I kidding, he is my right-hand man]. 

I have been thoroughly enjoying my time with "miss" Bernina the past couple of days, and I know we will have years [and some] of fun together.

[photo from Instagram: My sewing station]
 [Miss Bernina herself, with gingher trying to get a shout out...best scissors around]
 New toys, its serious. 
New fabrics to create with.
I also spend a good amount of time here. 

I will soon be opening an Etsy shop. Stay tuned for that wonderfully delicious day. I probably won't be able to sleep when that happens. {should happen before the new year}

-Amber

6 comments:

  1. My comment previous did not show up, but anyways all I said was that this look so fun! What types of things will you be making and selling? Hope you guys are doing well!

    xoxo Jennifer (cousin)

    goldengilt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I have a lot of ideas but I am still unsure of what exactly I will be making and selling on etsy, but you can help me promote it once I have started. :) Love you cuz!

      Delete
  2. How fun! I have a sewing machine and I really want to get better at sewing but I don't know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on over sometime and we can have a sewing party!

      Delete
  3. I love love love this post! Love your cute sewing room set up! I can totally understand your joy of sewing!! DId you get one of the exact machines that we had in class?! SO NICE! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I got the exact machine! I love it so much and the place I got it was 500 dollars less than what it is priced online, talk about lucky.

      Delete