Sunday, February 12

The Love Run

Yesterday the hub and I decided to do a 5k Love Run for valentines day. Boy oh boy did it show me that I have a lot of work to do before my 10k in May. We have never done something like this together and it was so fun! He sure pushed me and we made sure to high five/hold hands at every mile mark. He encouraged me the whole way and the last two laps we were both struggling, in my head I was thinking, "alright amber, you can do this" and then he said, "I need you. I encouraged us the whole way now it is your turn". I knew it was my turn but he was doing so good at keeping me in it, to win it (which we did win our heat and I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that we were in the stroller group haha). Well I mustered up the energy to say a few pump-up words and we did it! Our goal was to complete the 3.2 miles in 30 minutes and much to our surprise we did it in 25 minutes. 10k, here I (maybe I can talk him into it) come!

                                Before:

           After:

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. way to go guys!!!! i never heard about this! shane and i should have done it! looks like you did great. you guys make a great team :)

      Delete
  2. great job proud of you guys!! 5ks are a great start and prep! oyu can totally do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are amazing! So proud of you guys :)

    ReplyDelete