Saturday, November 5

while doing a service

What a wonderful picture of our hands. I am sure that is what you are all thinking.
Well it is not to show our interlocked love, but rather to tell a story.
{keep and eye on HIS ring}
Just last night, we went to my parents house and while there my cute dad was raking the leaves all by himself. So Mr. Sir decided to go out and help, rather serve. While doing so, his over sized ring, slipped off that cute hand and was eaten by the grass. We had about 12 people out on their hands and knees, we even whipped out the flashlights to find it. Needless to say, the grass won. He is still ringless. My heart hurt just a tad, still does. Not because of the money spent but rather the meaning it had/has. We exchanged them on our wedding day and in an instant, its gone. We are still deciding on renting a metal detector. Wouldn't that be fun. Especially since there is now snow covering the ground.
LTH

2 comments:

  1. I lost my wedding ring at work when we had been married for a couple of years. I worked at a sewing factory and the ring was too big and slipped off in a bundle of clothes. Bit it was found a couple of days later! I would rent or borrow a metal detector, it was wonderful to find my lost ring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO!!!!!! If its any consolation - my aunt lost her wedding ring in a parking lot... and she found it later that week. LUCK! Fingers crossed you guys find the ring!

    ReplyDelete